The Center for Phlebotomy Education, Corydon, Ind, is again presenting its Best Practices Webinar series.
The target audience is health care professionals around the world who draw blood samples for clinical laboratory testing including phlebotomists laboratory testing personnel, managers, nurses, medical assistants, EMS personnel, physicians, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, etc. Sessions are not country-specific, but rely heavily on the standards and guidelines promulgated by US organizations and agencies.
Presenters are Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), executive director, Center for Phlebotomy Education; and Lisa O. Ballance BS, MT(ASCP), CLC(AMT), certified laboratory consultant.
The series consists of:
11/15 — Ending Hemolysis in the ED… and Everywhere Else (Webinars hae been recorded and available for 60 days for staff at the registered site who could not attend the live event.)
12/11 — Assessing Phlebotomy Competency
1/22/13 — The Four Pillars of World-Class Phlebotomy
2/21/13 — Industry Update
3/7/13 — Phlebotomy C.S.I. (Challenging Sticks Investigation)
- View the slides and listen to the speaker live through your computer’s speakers;
- Handouts provided prior to each event;
- Register for the entire series or a la carte;
- Priced per login, not per person;
- Unlimited participants at a single physical location;
- P.A.C.E. continuing education credit for all qualified attendees;
- 60-day access to the recorded presentation for all registrants;
- Permission to distribute session materials to all attendees at your location.
- Geared toward phlebotomists and all healthcare professionals with blood collection responsibilities;
- All content reflects the most current standards and guidelines of OSHA and the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI);
- Each webinar qualifies for one P.A.C.E.® continuing education credit;
- Interactive Q&A at the end of each session;
- Quantity discounts for healthcare systems registering five or more sites.
To participate in the webinars, registrants must have:
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Computer speakers for audio
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or higher, OSX 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher (Windows), Firefox 2 or higher (Windows or Mac), Safari 3 or higher (Mac)
To register, Link no longer available or call (866) 657-9857.
[Source: Center for Phlebotomy Education]