PathCentral, Irvine, Calif, introduces its AP Anywhere system, a bundled Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System (APLIS) technology offering.
AP Anywhere is a Web-based anatomic pathology LIS technology solution that integrates all critical components of a pathologist’s day-to-day operation, including test ordering, laboratory workflow management, transcription, reporting, billing, and financial management within one platform.
- Improved workflow: The software integrates all of the critical components of a pathology practice’s day-to-day operations.
- Increased connectivity: Includes an “open Web service layer,” which enables the system to connect with hospitals, physicians’ offices, billing software, cancer registries, and a wide variety of lab instrumentation.
- Scalability: Built on proven technology, used successfully in the field for more than 13 years by large, high-volume commercial reference labs. Even the busiest community pathology practice is unlikely to outgrow the system, which was created to scale as practices grow.
- Portability: With the web-computing model, a pathologist can access the system, check on the status of a case, and even generate and send a final patient report, from virtually anywhere in the world, using mobile communications devices, such as laptop computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- HIPAA-Compliant, Secure Computing: The system is automated, auditable, and highly secure, enabling all users to remain in full compliance with these regulations at all times. The system is fully encrypted (128 bit) and uses an SSL certificate.